The Google Map Pack is a local search tool that suggests businesses, usually stores and restaurants. This information is collected from Copymatic and other sources.
Learn what Google Maps is and why it’s important
If you’re looking for a new restaurant to try, Google Maps has some suggestions just around the corner.
In order to find a plumber, you can use Google Maps. It will provide contact information and reviews of local service providers to help you make the best choice
Google Maps provides benefits to both businesses and customers. Firstly, it can help you find a business, as well as give you information about it. Secondly, you can show up to the store on driving directions from Google Maps.
The Google Map Pack helps people find your business and helps you reach an audience by letting you customize the parlance and location on the world map.
What is the “Google Local”
We’ll tell you about it and all the important features. We’ll explain how it can help grow your business.
What Is The Google Map Pack?
The “Google Map Pack” (or the Google Local Map Pack) is a prominent section in the Google local search results that showcases the top-ranking local listings for your location or the search location.
In the Google Map Pack, businesses are listed alongside their geographic location, contact information, hours, and other helpful information.
Users can click on a listing to learn more about the company, call the contact number, or pull up Google Maps navigation to the business’s physical location.
How It Works
The Google Map Pack is displayed as a set of three or more Google Maps results when a user searches for a local business. Google calls up the search result that its algorithm interprets as being most relevant to their search.
These Google Maps results will usually display above the traditional organic search results, as the algorithm understands that the user’s search intent is to find a physical location.
The Google Map Pack makes it easier for users to find the specific business they’re looking for or browse businesses in a particular category (e.g., restaurants, retail stores, etc.).
The Map Pack provides the business’s contact information, address, website link, hours of operation, pricing, photos, customer reviews, and more.
Local Map Pack Statistics To Know
Nearly 1 in 3 of all mobile searches are location-specific, and Google is the top search engine users use to search for local businesses.
In fact, 99% of consumers surveyed by Brightlocal used the internet to find local businesses in the last year.
With that in mind, optimizing for the Google Map Pack is one of the best local SEO strategies businesses can use to drive local traffic.
This starts with creating an online listing and website and then optimizing for the search terms your target audience uses to find businesses like yours.
As mentioned, the Google Map Pack also brings the benefit of showcasing customer reviews.
And with 94% of consumers saying positive reviews make them more likely to use a business, this is a feature businesses should consider.
Want to know why the Google Map Pack is important for SEO? Read on and check out more local SEO statistics at Search Engine Journal.
Why The Google Map Pack Matters For SEO
The Google Map Pack takes up prime real estate in the Google local search results. This is an important placement for businesses, as the #1 spot gets the highest click-through rate of all listings.
To rank high in the Map Pack, businesses often need to employ local SEO strategies.
The Map Pack matters for SEO because it can be a significant driver of organic traffic if optimized correctly.
Optimizing for the Google Map Pack brings many benefits, including:
- More organic traffic – Higher placement in the Google Map Pack often means a higher click-through rate, driving more traffic to your business’s website.
- More local traffic – Ranking high in the Map Pack means your business is one of the first listings users see when searching for a business, meaning they are more likely to navigate to your physical location through Google Maps.
- More phone calls – Getting to the top of the Google Map Pack could attract more users and direct them to call your business directly. This may result in more leads for your business.
- Competitive advantage – Ranking higher than your competitors in the Map Pack could lead to more customers, leading to more customer reviews and overall more visibility for your business. In a competitive market, this can make all the difference.
- More mobile traffic – The Map Pack takes up most of the visual space on a mobile phone screen, so users are faster to respond and more likely to pull up your listing while on the go.
- Enterprise SEO – Users will often skip businesses that don’t meet the parameters for a specific location, which can be a huge issue if you have a large enterprise. Geo-specific listings for your physical locations can be a significant driver of traffic for your enterprise.